If you love toasted pecans in cookies, you’ll love this. A light pecan treat with just a hint of orange chocolate to give it a unique and delightful flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish or pan.
2. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
3. Mix flour, maple syrup, and 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture on bottom of prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
5. Bring honey, other 1/2 cup of butter, and whipping cream or milk to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in toasted pecans, and spoon hot filling onto prepared crust.
6.) Shave or grate the chocolate bar over the top.
6. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Cut into square cookie bars.